Age spots, additionally referred to as liver spots or solar lentigines, are a not unusual trouble that takes place because of an excess production of melanin, or pores and skin pigment. Typically, the excess pigment is a end result of immoderate sun exposure. These spots can also be resulting from the use of tanning lamps and tanning beds.
The spots range in length and commonly appear on the face, fingers, shoulders and hands – the areas which might be most customarily uncovered to the solar. The spots are flat, oval regions of extended pigmentation and are typically tan, brown or black.
They are known as age spots due to the fact they are very commonplace in adults older than 50. Younger human beings also can have this skin trouble, if they have a tendency to spend a whole lot of time in the solar. Also, the hassle is more common in people with light pores and skin.
Basically, age spots are innocent. But for cosmetic motives, people might also use pores and skin-bleaching products to try to lighten them or are seeking clinical remedies to eliminate them. However, such options may be costly and can have facet effects, too.
Fortunately, there are some natural home treatments that can assist lessen the advent of those spots.
Bear in mind that natural treatments work slowly over the years, so that you want to have endurance and use the treatments for several days or longer to be aware an development, depending at the severity of the condition.
Note: Always see a doctor if the spots are extremely dark in appearance or have changed in appearance. These changes can be signs of melanoma, a serious form of skin cancer.
home remedies for age spots
Here are the top 10 home remedies for age spots.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a good treatment to make age spots much less noticeable and improve your skin tone.
Apple cider vinegar for age spots
It carries alpha hydroxy acids that work as an extremely good skin exfoliating agent. This in flip facilitates lighten age spots and other patchy regions to your pores and skin.
- Mix equal parts of raw, unfiltered apple cider and water. Add a little honey. Apply it on the affected skin, leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse it off. Do this once daily.
- Also, add 1 or 2 teaspoons of organic apple cider to 1 glass of water. Drink it once or twice daily to improve your skin as well as overall health.
Note: It is normal to experience slight redness or stinging initially. However, if the irritation is severe, discontinue use of apple cider vinegar.
Lemon juice includes mild citric acid that enables dispose of lifeless skin cells by using breaking down the melanin pigment. As it eliminates the darker skin layers and famous new pores and skin underneath, the age spots steadily start to lighten.
Lemon for age spots
The vitamin C in lemon additionally works as an antioxidant that protects your pores and skin from unfastened-radical harm.
- Apply the juice from a fresh lemon to the affected skin. Let it sit on your skin for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. Do it twice daily. If you have extra sensitive skin, dilute the lemon juice with rose water before applying it on the skin.
- Also, you can squeeze the juice of 1 lemon into a bowl and add 2 to 3 tablespoons of fine sugar. Gently scrub your skin with this mixture for a few minutes. Then, leave it on for 30 minutes and rinse your skin. Use this remedy 1 or 2 times a week.
Note: Do not go out in the sun right after applying lemon juice, as that can actually cause the skin to darken more than it was before.
Do not use bottled lemon juice, as it may contain other chemicals that may damage the skin.
3. Aloe Vera
When it involves decreasing the advent of age spots, aloe vera is very effective.
Aloe vera has positive compounds that gently eliminate useless skin cells and inspire the growth of new skin cells, healthful cells. With everyday use, it may lighten and possibly dispose of age spots.
Aloe vera for age spots
Plus, it has a moisturizing belongings that maintains the pores and skin feeling fresh, younger and hydrated.
- Break a leaf off of an aloe vera plant, cut it open and extract the gel.
- Rub the gel onto your age spots.
- Allow it to soak into your skin for 1 hour or more. You can then rinse your skin.
- Repeat twice a day.
4. Castor Oil
Castor oil can help heal an expansion of skin situations, inclusive of age spots. The antioxidants inside the oil assist shield and lighten the skin.
Castor oil for age spots
It additionally improves the arrival and texture of your skin, making it more tender and smooth.
- Dab a little castor oil on the spots.
- Massage it for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the oil is thoroughly absorbed into the skin.
- Leave it on for a few hours, then rinse your skin.
- Repeat twice each day, once in the morning and once at night.
The certainly going on lactic acid in yogurt makes it another accurate treatment for age spots.
The lactic acid lightly gets rid of lifeless skin cells and because the discolored pores and skin sloughs off, sparkling healthy pores and skin is discovered and the spots end up much less noticeable.
Also, yogurt keeps the skin moisturized and looking fresh.
- Apply some plain yogurt directly on the spots. Allow it dry on its own for about 20 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water. Do it 2 or 3 times a day.
- Also, you can make a face mask with 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt, 2 tablespoons of ground oatmeal and 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice. Mix the ingredients well. Apply the pack on the spots, and let it sit for 30 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water. Use this remedy 2 or 3 times a week.
Another dairy product which is useful for skin health is buttermilk.
Like yogurt, buttermilk incorporates lactic acid that lightly exfoliates pigmented and sun-broken skin, while mildly bleaching the pores and skin to reveal healthy pores and skin with much less major spots.
Buttermilk to heal age spots
Buttermilk also helps repair and rejuvenate the skin.
- Apply plain buttermilk directly on the affected areas. Let it sit for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with water. Repeat 2 or 3 times daily as needed.
- Alternatively, mix 4 teaspoons of buttermilk and 2 teaspoons of tomato juice together. Apply this mixture on the affected skin. Let it sit for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with water. Repeat twice daily.
7. Vitamin E
Vitamin E is any other powerful treatment for treating age spots or dark patches on nearly any a part of the body. Being an antioxidant, vitamin E can reverse the harm finished through the tough ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun.
Vutami E to vanish age spots
Vitamin E also moisturizes your skin, which is critical for healthy and ideal pores and skin.
- Massage vitamin E oil on the affected skin for 10 to 15 minutes twice daily. Do this for a few weeks to reduce your uneven skin tone.
- Alternatively, extract the contents of 2 vitamin E capsules. Add 1 teaspoon of castor oil to it and mix thoroughly. Apply the mix on the affected areas before going to bed, leave it on overnight and rinse it off the next morning. Use this remedy daily.
This herb has been used since ancient times for skin care. It is a typically discovered remedy in Ayurvedic treatment to soothe pores and skin issues.
Turmeric for age spots
The healing powers of turmeric may imply lighten your pigmented skin in addition to restore free radicals damage because of its antioxidant properties
- Mix together 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder and a little milk. You can also add a little lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture on the affected areas.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes, then rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Do this 2 or 3 times a week.
Tomatoes are acidic and additionally offer bleaching properties, for that reason making them a extremely good aspect for casting off age spots in addition to different pores and skin blemishes and freckles.
Tomatoes to heal age spots
Also, tomatoes incorporate enzymes and excessive lycopene content material, a effective antioxidant recognised to effectively lighten the pores and skin.
- Simply slice up a tomato and rub one of the slices on the affected areas. Allow the juice to sit on the skin for 20 minutes, then rinse it off using cold water. Repeat once or twice a day.
- Alternatively, mix together equal amounts of tomato juice and honey. Apply the mixture on the affected skin. Wait 10 minutes, then rinse it off with cool water. Use it once or twice daily.
Sandalwood is another tremendous ingedient for fading age spots. It presents a calming remedy to the pores and skin and facilitates scars and spots to heal faster. No marvel sandalwood vital oil is discovered in such a lot of cosmetic products.
Sandalwood to deal with age spots
- Mix 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder with 2 tablespoons of rose water or more rose water to make a paste. You can also add a little lemon juice.
- Apply the paste on the affected area and leave it on for 15 minutes or until it dries completely.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
- Repeat 2 or 3 times a week until the blemishes fade away