There’s absolute confidence—certainly rosy lips are an attractive characteristic of a girl’s splendor or a man’s top seems. So, many people who’ve darkish lips need to lighten them.
Some of the main causes of dark lips are immoderate exposure to direct daylight, an allergic reaction, use of low-nice cosmetics, chewing tobacco, immoderate smoking, excessive caffeine intake, and hormonal imbalances.
There are many methods to lighten darkish lips that don’t require buying high priced products or remedies. Natural domestic remedies can efficaciously lighten your lips. The time it takes for these treatments to work varies, so use them as long as had to gain the effects you want.
Home treatments for dark lips
Here are the top 10 home remedies for darkish lips.
Lemon is frequently used to treat darkish pores and skin patches and spots, and you could use it to evidently lighten darkish lips, too. The bleaching property in lemon works properly as a simple but powerful treatment for dark lips.
- Squeeze a lemon and apply the juice on your lips before going to bed. Follow this simple remedy daily for one to two months.
- Take a thin slice of lemon, sprinkle a bit of sugar on top and rub it on your lips. It will exfoliate dead cells so new, fresh skin can appear. Use this remedy daily for a few weeks.
- Alternatively, you can prepare a mixture of one-half teaspoon each of lemon juice, glycerin and honey. Apply it on your lips before going to bed. Do this daily until you see positive results.
Rose has 3 most important medicinal homes: soothing, cooling, and moisturizing. Rose will also assist upload a herbal red tint to your darkish lips.
- Mix one drop of rose water with a few drops of honey and apply it on your lips. Do this three or four times a day.
- Mix one tablespoon of rose petal paste and one teaspoon of butter, honey, or milk cream. Apply it on your lips and gently scrub. Follow this remedy two times a week.
- Soak a few rose petals in raw milk for one hour, and then grind the mixture to make a paste. Add one-half teaspoon of honey and a pinch of saffron to it. Apply the paste on your lips and leave it on for about 15 minutes. Do this two times a day.
3. Olive Oil
Olive oil can also be used to make your lips active and vibrant. Olive oil includes many crucial vitamins to nurture your lips and its moisturizing property will lead them to soft and delightful.
- Apply a few drops of extra virgin olive oil on your lips and massage it gently. Do this daily before going to bed.
- Alternatively, mix one-half teaspoon of sugar and a few drops of extra virgin olive oil. Scrub your lips gently with this mixture once a week. This simple recipe will restore your natural lip color and shine within a month or two.
Exfoliating your lips regularly will take away dead skin cells that can make them look dark and stupid. Sugar works as a brilliant exfoliating agent.
- Blend three tablespoons of granulated sugar and two tablespoons of butter to make a thick paste. Scrub your lips gently with the paste. Do this once a week to restore your natural lip color and shine.
- You can also make a scrub by mixing one teaspoon of granulated sugar, one teaspoon of honey, and one-half teaspoon of almond oil. Use it to scrub your lips once a week.
- Alternatively, you can simply mix some sugar with cold cream and use it to scrub your lips gently before going to bed. Do this once a week.
Another without difficulty available factor that permit you to get purple lips is beetroot. Beetroot has herbal bleaching residences which can lighten darkish lips.
- Apply fresh beetroot juice on your lips before going to bed. Wash it off the next morning. The natural red color of the juice will turn your dark lips rosy. Do this daily before going to bed.
- You can mix equal amounts of beetroot juice and carrot juice and apply it on your lips. Massage gently and leave it on for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. Do this once daily for a week or two.
Pomegranate is ideal for treating dark lips. It can nourish and moisturize dry and dehydrated lips as well as assist repair their herbal pink shade.
- Mix together one tablespoon of crushed pomegranate seeds and a little milk cream and rose water. Apply this paste on your lips and gently scrub for a few minutes.Wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this once daily.
- Mix equal amounts of pomegranate juice, beetroot juice and carrot juice. Apply it on your dark lips once daily.
Cucumber works as a pores and skin-lightening agent with a purpose to help make your lips, in addition to your pores and skin, a lighter colour. Simply rub a slice of cucumber against your lips lightly in order that your lips absorb the juice. Do this for five mins every day
Berries like raspberries and strawberries comprise essential minerals and vitamins which can be fantastically critical for retaining your lips wholesome and vibrant. Both raspberries and strawberries can also flip darkish lips into rosy red lips.
- Mix one-half tablespoon of raspberry juice with a little aloe vera gel and honey. Apply the paste on your lips and scrub gently. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do this three or four times a week.
- Mix one tablespoon of strawberry juice with two tablespoons of petroleum jelly. Use this mixture as lip balm twice daily.
Honey is a natural moisturizing aspect that can melt your lips and assist restore their herbal red colour.
- Apply honey on your lips before going to bed and leave it on overnight. In the morning, wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this daily to make your lips pink.
- Mix one-half teaspoon each of yogurt, honey, and gram flour to make a paste. Apply the paste on your lips and leave it on for 30 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy once daily.
10. Almond Oil
Almond oil is every other widely used home cure for darkish lips due to its softening and moisturizing properties.
- Mix five or six drops of almond oil with one tablespoon of honey and put it on your lips whenever they feel dry. Within days, your lips will become soft and smooth and have a natural pink glow.
- Massage your lips with a mixture of equal amounts of castor oil and almond oil to lighten their color.
- Mix coconut oil and almond oil in equal amounts. Apply a coat of this mixture on your lips before going to bed and leave it on overnight. Do this daily.
Using these easy remedies will make your lips bloom like a rose, but it could make an effort to see effects. Be affected person, and try special treatments to locate the one that works great for you.