A bitter stomach is a very not unusual problem of the gastrointestinal machine. It is a set of dreadful signs and symptoms and is normally transient and resolves inside some days.
A sour stomach normally impacts the higher digestive device and can cause signs like nausea, regurgitation, indigestion, bloating, abdominal fuel, or a sour or metallic taste inside the mouth.
Some of the causes of a bitter belly consist of acid reflux disease, a peptic ulcer, gastritis, gastroenteritis and excessive indigestion.
Overeating in addition to excessive consumption of highly spiced and fatty meals, carbonated liquids, tea and espresso, and abnormal eating and sleep styles can positioned you at a better hazard of tormented by sour stomach.
There are a few effective and smooth-to-observe home remedies to treatment a bitter stomach. The remedies provide short relief from the pain, queasiness, bloating and ache that a sour stomach reasons.
If your symptoms persist for extra than per week, see a doctor to rule out the possibility of chronic digestive situations like irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel sickness or gastroesophageal reflux (GERD) disease.
Home remedies for bitter stomach
Here are the top 10 home remedies for a sour belly
1. Apple Cider Vinegar For Treat Sour Stomach
You can treat a bitter stomach the use of apple cider vinegar. It can provide brief remedy from fuel, bloating and excessive belching.
Apple cider vinegar for sour stomach
The wholesome enzymes in it are useful for enhancing digestive fitness. Also, its acidic nature enables kill harmful micro organism in the digestive tract and restores the stomach’s pH to its ordinary level.
How to :
- Mix 1 tablespoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water.
- Optionally, you can add some raw honey.
- Drink it before each meal to prevent a sour stomach.
Another right home cure for a bitter stomach is ginger. It can alleviate signs and symptoms like fuel, bloating and nausea.
Ginger for bitter stomach
The compounds known as gingerols in ginger help reduce infection and irritation within the belly. Ginger also stimulates digestive juices and the drift of enzymes that aid the digestion procedure.
How to :
- When you’re suffering from a sour stomach, ginger tea can help. To make the tea, put 1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger in a cup and pour in boiling water. Cover, let it steep for 10 minutes and strain it. Drink it 20 minutes before each meal.
- Another option is to add 2 teaspoons of ginger juice and 1 teaspoon of honey to a cup of warm water and drink it 2 times a day.
- A third option is to add ½ teaspoon of dry ginger powder to 1 cup of buttermilk. Mix it well and drink this concoction a few times a day.
3. Baking Soda
You also can use baking soda as a natural treatment to quick soothe a bitter stomach.
Baking soda for sour stomach
Being a herbal antacid, baking soda neutralizes stomach acid that causes heartburn and indigestion, which in turn provides quick relief from the signs and symptoms.
- Stir ½ teaspoon of baking soda into half a glass of water.
- Drink this solution to neutralize the acid in your stomach.
- Repeat after 4 hours, if needed.
Caution: If you have high blood pressure, do not take baking soda as it contains sodium.
4. Charred Toast
When suffering from a bitter belly, you can now not feel like eating anything. But one factor that permit you to deal with the symptoms is charred or burnt toast.
The char at the toast allows soak up the toxins out of your digestive device which are inflicting the problem. As the toxins get absorbed, you start feeling higher.
Make 2 whole-wheat burnt pieces of toast and eat them slowly. You can have the toast with some cold milk, plain water or a cup of green tea.
Note: Avoid white bread toast, as it can be harmful to your gut microbiota.
Fennel is likewise very effective to get remedy from the signs and symptoms of a bitter belly.
Fennel to deal with bitter belly
Fennel can save you gastrointestinal problems and preserve your intestine microbiota wholesome. It’s also antispasmodic, this means that it could provide alleviation from any sort of belly ache. It even reduces gas and nausea caused by an dissatisfied belly.
How to :
- Slightly crush 2 teaspoons of fennel seeds and add it to 2 cups of water. Bring the water to a boil, then remove it from the heat and let it steep for 5 minutes. Strain the tea and drink it while it is still warm.
- Another option is to dry roast, grind and sieve a few tablespoons of fennel seeds. Take ½ teaspoon of this powder along with water after eating your meal. This mixture will last for several months.
6. Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe vera, being wealthy in anti inflammatory properties, helps soothe inflammation and irritation in your stomach and intestinal lining. This in turn reduces bitter stomach if the cause is acid reflux disease or a peptic ulcer.
Aloe vera juice to heal bitter stomach
Also, being an powerful laxative, aloe vera is ideal for the digestion method.
- Blend 2 tablespoons of freshly extracted aloe vera gel with 1 cup of water or sugar-free orange juice (or any other citrus juice) in a blender until smooth.
- Drink this once daily until your symptoms improve.
Note: Do not take aloe vera in excess, as it can cause diarrhea.
7. Chamomile Tea
A few cups of chamomile tea can help reduce the signs of a sour belly.
Chamomile tea to appease bitter stomach
Its anti inflammatory nature allows the belly muscle mass loosen up, that may reduce the pain and improve the digestion procedure. It also lowers gastric acidity.
- Put 1 to 2 teaspoons of dried chamomile flowers in a cup and pour boiling water over it. Cover and allow it to steep for 5 minutes. Strain, add a little honey and drink it.
- Alternatively, if you are using chamomile tea bags, pour water over the bag, cover it and allow it to steep for 5 minutes. Remove the tea bag, add a little honey and drink the tea.
8. Activated Charcoal
If you want quick alleviation from bitter belly symptoms, then strive activated charcoal.
Activated charcoal to deal with sour stomach
Activated charcoal can take in the dangerous acids and gases that collect for your intestine. This in flip provides remedy from indigestion, gas and a bloated belly.
How to :
- One hour before eating your meal, take 1 capsule of activated charcoal with a full glass of water. After finishing the meal, drink another glass of water.
- Another option is to mix ½ teaspoon of activated charcoal powder in a glass of water and have it before eating your meal
Bananas are a bland meals that you could devour on every occasion you be afflicted by a sour stomach or different belly troubles. They soothe the intestinal partitions and limit infection from gastric acid.
Bananas to ease bitter stomach
Also, the high degree of potassium in bananas works as a herbal antacid, hence neutralizing the belly’s pH.
Eat a banana either before or after your meals. You can eat 2 to 3 bananas a day. For best results, sprinkle cinnamon powder on the banana before eating it.
Apart from bananas, eating apples or ripe papayas is also beneficial.
Yogurt is some other powerful home remedy to appease a bitter belly. Being gentle in your stomach, it is easy to digest. Plus, it provides electricity and nutrients to the body.
Yogurt to treat sour belly
Yogurt containing stay active cultures is especially proper for easing digestive issues as it helps stability the gut micro organism that resource in digestion.
Make positive to read the label of your yogurt earlier than purchasing to make sure you’re buying simple probiotic yogurt with stay and active cultures
- Eat a bland diet for a few days to reduce the symptoms of a sour stomach and help your gastrointestinal system recover.
- People who do not have lactose intolerance can drink a glass of cold milk to get relief from a sour stomach. If you are lactose intolerant, be careful of dairy foods.
- Avoid foods that are fatty and spicy.
- Avoid eating large, heavy meals. Stick to small meals, several times a day.
- Eat at a slower pace and chew your food thoroughly.
- Wait 1 to 2 hours after eating your meal before going to bed.
- Enjoy a walk or some other light exercise after a meal to help boost your digestive system and avoid the discomfort of a sour stomach.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your digestive system working properly.
- Get 7 to 8 hours of sleep everyday to refresh your body.
- Try to eat your meals, from breakfast to dinner, at the same time each day.
- Cut down on bad habits like smoking, drinking alcohol and chewing tobacco.
- Avoid eating any kind of citrus fruits on an empty stomach.
- Exercise daily to increase the motility of your digestive system, which prevents constipation and bloating.