Q: Dear Grandma, My girlfriend is having a difficult time finding the right solution for underarm hair. She just noticed that her underarm hair has become more noticeable to other person which does not allow her to wear sleeveless tops anymore. I want to help her, what are the safe ways to remove unwanted hair in women?
A: Dear J, There are millions of women who struggle with underarm hair and unwanted hair. Most unwanted hair is triggered by genetics or ethnicity. However, over production of hair can be a sign of hormone problem or other conditions.
To deal with this problem, try some home remedies for underarm hair and unwanted hair listed below.
HOME REMEDIES FOR UNDERARM HAIR AND UNWANTED HAIR
1. Shaving – Shaving is a quick and inexpensive way to get rid of not only underarm hair but also unwanted hair. This can be done in the shower with shaving cream or soap and a razor. 
2. Electrolysis – It is a method that introduces electric current with a very fine needle-shaped electrode, or metal probe into each hair follicle for about one minute to destroy the root. 
3. Sugaring Wax – Heat sugar into a pan with some lemon juice to make a sticky paste. Let it cool for about 15 minutes. Put baby powder first into the affected area to aid the paste to stick thoroughly, and then spread the paste into the unwanted hair or underarm hair with a dull knife. Afterwards, put on a cloth strip; firmly and quickly pull the strip. 
4. Laser Hair Removal – Laser hair removal method is done by medical experts that are experts with other forms of hair removal. These kinds of methods are considered as permanent home remedies for underarm hair and unwanted hair.
5. Tweezing and threading – Tweeze the hair using a sharp, clean pair of tweezers. Place a warm damp cloth over the affected area for 5-10 minutes before plucking to soften the area or tweeze immediately after shower. 
6. Regular Diet and Healthy Exercise – Losing excessive weight can also help get rid of unwanted hair to grow. Women experiencing suffering from this condition must avoid eating foods that have a high glycemic index and fatty foods. 
7. Depilatory Creams – It is also known as hair removal creams. Apply depilatory creams based on the instruction manuals of the manufacturer.
8. Waxing – Waxing is basically large scale tweezing. It aids to remove the hair for a longer period of time without producing stubble, with the exception of hair that has been hormonally stimulated, hair that is waxed on areas such as the lower leg or underarm. These may grow back fine or sometimes finer.
9. Spearmint Tea – Drink a cup of spearmint tea in the morning every day. Spearmint tea can help decrease the testosterone levels. 
10. Turmeric Powder and Gram Flour – Combine turmeric powder, gram flour and curd and make a paste. Gently apply it to the affected portion of the skin and allow it to dry for 30 minutes. Then scrub the paste thoroughly. Apply paste 1-2 times a week for 4 months.