Aloe Vera Gel is loaded with health benefits. It has more than 200 active elements that provide health benefits. It has a rich collection of minerals, vitamins, enzymes, amino acids, fatty acids, and polysaccharides.
Aloe Vera gel has Vitamin A, E, C, choline, folic acid, niacin, B1, B2, B3, and B6. Vitamin B12 is rarely found in plants but interestingly Aloe Vera has this vitamin. The minerals present in Aloe Vera are zinc, calcium, selenium, chromium, magnesium, copper, potassium, and manganese. The enzymes present are aliases, amylase, alkaline phosphates, lipase, peroxidase, cellulose, catalase, and carboxypeptidase.
There are various health benefits associated with Aloe Vera Gel. Some of the health benefits of Aloe Vera are:
• It boosts metabolism, increases insulin production and assists in making your bones and teeth stronger.
• The enzymes present in Aloe Vera dilates blood vessels this property of Aloe vera helps in improvement of blood circulation in your body
• Aloe Vera also stimulates blood vessels to fight various infections
• Aloe Vera contains lprogen and C-glucosyl chromone. Both these compounds have anti-inflammatory properties.
• Aloe Vera has both monosaccharides and polysaccharides. The first compound assists in repairing body by making immune system strong. The second compound can be used to cure stomach issues like diarrhea, digestive problems, acidity etc.
- Proven Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel:
- 1. Soothes wound and heal skin:
- 2. Helps in healing of cold sores:
- 3. Moisturizes Hair and Scalp:
- 4. Helps in Digestion:
- 5. Boosts immunity:
- 6. Weight Loss:
- How to use Aloe Vera gel to boost metabolism:
- How to use Aloe Vera gel to treat dry skin:
- How to use Aloe Vera gel to treat Acne
- How to use Aloe Vera gel to remove dead skin:
- How to use Aloe Vera gel for sensitive skin:
- How to use Aloe Vera gel to treat hairball:
- How to use Aloe Vera gel to treat burns:
- Precautions to be taken while taking Aloe Vera gel:
- Final Word:
Proven Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel:
1. Soothes wound and heal skin:
A study conducted in 1936 proved that Aloe Vera extract can heal wounds an provide relief from itching sensation. Aloe Vera also helps in skin regeneration.
2. Helps in healing of cold sores:
Aloe Vera gel is applied to cold sores helps to release pain and triggers quick healing. It can be applied 3 to 4 times a day without any side effects. It mild quantities it can be swallowed so this is one of the most natural treatments for healing cold sores. Vitamin B6 component of Aloe Vera is a natural pain reliever and also created antibodies to increase immunity system.
3. Moisturizes Hair and Scalp:
Aloe Vera works wonders for dry scalp. It moisturizes the scalp and its vitamins and mineral nourish the scalp. It helps fight dandruff due to antibacterial and antifungal properties. Enzymes present in Aloe Vera removes dead cells from the scalp and stimulates regeneration of skin tissue.
4. Helps in Digestion:
Journal of Research in Medical Sciences reported a study that was conducted on Aloe Vera where 30 ml of Aloe Vera juice was given twice a day to patients suffering from Irritable bowel syndrome. Majority of them experience relief as their flatulence had decreased. As Aloe Vera has anti-inflammatory and laxative components when consumed in for of juice assist in improving digestion. It aids digestion, maintains pH balance, reduces yeast formation and aids in the growth of digestive bacteria.
5. Boosts immunity:
As mentioned earlier Aloe Vera has many enzymes. Some of the enzymes break down the proteins that we eat into amino acids and thus enzymes provide fuel to the cell in the body thus facilitates proper function of body cells. The bradykinesia in Aloe Vera stimulates the immune system and kills infections. One of the components of Aloe Vera is Zinc which is essential to maintain immune function. People suffering from Zinc deficiency can intake Aloe Vera to ensure stable Zinc level. A report published in 2014 mentions about Aloe Vera in dentistry due to its antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antifungal properties. It helps in the development of immune system without causing any side effects.
6. Weight Loss:
According to Britt Brandon, the author of The Everything Guide to Aloe Vera for Health, “Aloe Vera can improve the effectiveness of your diet and maximize your weight-loss potential. With ample amounts of vitamins and minerals that contribute to weight-loss, as well as amino acids, enzymes and sterols, aloe Vera ensure your diet is not only supportive of weight-loss, but also improves the body’s absorption and utilization, improving overall health as well as weight-loss success.”
How to use Aloe Vera gel to boost metabolism:
• Take one Aloe Vera leaf and wash it with water
• Wipe it with cloth and then slit one of its edge with sharp knife
• Remove thick gel from the leaf.
• This gel can be refrigerated in jar for further use
• Take a spoonful of gel and blend it with any fruit
• Add lemon and one glass water to this mixture and drink
• Add sweetener if desired
• You can drink this juice once a day on every alternate day.
• However, the green part of Aloe Vera contains toxins that may cause stomach issues like cramps in many people. Therefore this portion should be discarded.
How to use Aloe Vera gel to treat dry skin:
• Take a spoon full of Aloe Vera Gel
• Add a pinch of turmeric, one teaspoon honey, one teaspoon milk and one spoon rose water to this gel
• Mix thoroughly to form a thick paste
• Apply uniformly to your skin and leave it for 20 minutes
• Wash the area with lukewarm water.
• Do not wash the skin with soap.
• This process could be followed daily for better and faster results.
How to use Aloe Vera gel to treat Acne
• Take one tablespoon Aloe Vera Gel
• Take 1 walnut and make powder by grinding it.
• Mix gel and powder and add 1/2 teaspoon of honey to this mixture.
• Apply this paste to your acne.
• Keep it for 30 minutes and then wash face with water
• Repeat the procedure at least 3 times in a week
• Antioxidant property of Aloe Vera will help in treating the acne and making your skin smooth
How to use Aloe Vera gel to remove dead skin:
• Take one cup of Aloe Vera gel and two cups of sugar
• Add two tablespoons of lemon juice to this mixture
• Mix the three ingredients and apply it to the face and body
• This scrub will help in removing scars and fade away tan
• This procedure should be performed once in a week.
How to use Aloe Vera gel for sensitive skin:
• Take one tablespoon of Aloe Vera Gel
• Add one teaspoon of cucumber juice, one spoon yogurt and half teaspoon of rose oil
• Mix all the ingredients and make smooth paste
• Apply the paste gently on the skin and leave it for 10 mins
• This procedure could be performed 2-3 times a week
How to use Aloe Vera gel to treat hairball:
• Take one tablespoon of Aloe Vera Juice and equal quantity of extra virgin coconut oil
• Apply it to your scalp and let it remain for 24 hours
• Next day wash the hair with water without using Shampoo
• Next day wash your hair with Shampoo and conditioner
• Aloe Vera has a chemical makeup similar to that of keratin and it rejuvenates the hair with its own nutrients, giving it more elasticity and preventing breakage
How to use Aloe Vera gel to treat burns:
• First, wash the burn with cold water
• After five minutes apply Aloe Vera gel to the affected area
• Leave the burn area as it is for 10 minutes
• You can apply bandage if the burn area is big
• However, keeping it open is recommended
• Apply Aloe Vera gel after every 4 hours for initial few days and then reduce the application to three times a day till the burn injury heals.
Precautions to be taken while taking Aloe Vera gel:
Aloe Vera in gel or juice form should be taken in moderate doses. If consumed in high doses for the long term then it may lead to stomach pain and cramps, diarrhea, kidney problems, muscle weakness, weight loss and heart issues. Pregnant women’s and breastfeeding mother should avoid consuming Aloe Vera however external application of gel is ok and do not have any side effect.
Therefore Aloe Vera is full of many medicinal values. However, all the compounds present in the Aloe Vera are not beneficial for our health. There are few compounds that may have a negative impact on our health. Aloe Vera has many benefits however it should be consumed in moderate quality. External application of Aloe Vera is safe and shows the excellent result, therefore, this is the first choice of beauty products.